With a wealth of experience in print journalism, TV, radio production and award-winning PR work, I am now offering PR and media training throughout the North East and Yorkshire. Basic training is half-day, in-house, to your own teams (up to 4 people). £300 per session. I also offer regular half-day basic training sessions for up to 10 individuals in comfortable, convenient locations from Northumberland to Leeds. Times and dates are posted on social media. £120 per person. You will learn how to generate excellent, ongoing press coverage, what makes a newsworthy PR story and the best way to write it.
Subjects covered include:
1. The crucial elements of a good press story
2. Audiences, target media and key messages
3. Finding stories
4. Quick wins
5. Writing for the press
6. Relationships with press
7. Structure of a press release
8. Importance of presentation
9. Images for press
10. More than just press releases – other written items for press
11. How to deal with negative press
12. Briefing and preparing a spokesperson for interview
Bespoke PR training to include an organisation’s individual PR requirements, objectives and messages can also be delivered. Price on application.